Wild Wonders® Caprese Sundae
4-6Wild Wonders® Caprese SundaeServes 4-6
3030 Mins 30 Mins 60 Mins
For the Ice Cream:
- 2-½ cups whole milk, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- 1-¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
For the Candied Organic Wild Wonders® Tomatoes:
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 pint Organic Wild Wonders® Tomatoes, halved
For the Sugared Basil Leaves:
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp. water
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
For the Caprese Sundaes:
- Balsamic glaze
- For the Ice Cream: In a medium saucepan whisk sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Add 1-½ cups of the milk and whisk to combine. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until the mixture begins to simmer, about 4-5 minutes. Once it comes to a boil, cook while whisking constantly for 1 minute. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and whisk in the remaining milk and cream. Cover and refrigerate the ice cream base until well-chilled (about 3 hours). Churn in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions. Cover and freeze until ready to serve.
- For the Candied Organic Wild Wonders® Tomatoes: In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the ½ cup of sugar and ½ cup of water. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Add in the Wild Wonders® Tomatoes and cook for 1 minute. Then remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Set aside.
- For the Sugared Basil Leaves: Whisk the egg white and 1 tsp. of water until frothy. Working with one leaf at a time, brush a thin layer of egg wash onto the basil then sprinkle with sugar. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool until firm and dry, about 1 hour.
- To assemble the Caprese Sundaes, scoop prepared ice cream into a dish. Top with Candied Wild Wonders® Tomatoes and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Garnish with Sugared Basil Leaves and serve.
Bursting with WOW.
Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.
Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta Kits
Take me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.