Tomato Glazed Short Ribs
6Tomato Glazed Short RibsServes 6
For the short ribs:
- 5 lb. bone-in short ribs
- 1-½ Tbsp. Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
For the tomato glaze:
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large red onions, cut into large chunks
- 1 head of garlic
- 2-inch knob of ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 4 cups beef broth
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch combined with 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 pint SUNSET® Organic Grape Tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Season ribs with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Brown the ribs on both sides, working in batches if needed. Drain the pot of excess oil as needed and transfer short ribs to a plate.
- Add olive oil into the pot with the red onion, garlic, ginger and thyme. Cook until the vegetables begin to soften and brown at the edges. Stir in the tomato paste.
- Return the ribs back into the pot, bone side down. Add in 4 cups broth, or enough to just cover the ribs, and bring to a simmer. Cover the pot and transfer to the oven.
- Braise the ribs undisturbed for 3 hours. Once done, meat should be fork-tender. Remove the ribs from the pot and transfer to a platter. Cover to keep warm.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce and vinegar. Reserve.
- Strain the remaining braising liquid through a fine sieve, pressing down to get all the juices. Add the liquid back into the dutch oven and add the cornstarch mixture, honey soy sauce and tomatoes.
- Cook until the mixture thickens and the tomatoes are softened, about 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer the short ribs to a serving platter and spoon the tomato glaze mixture over top. Serve.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.