BBQ Chicken Salad with Wild Wonders® Tomatoes
4BBQ Chicken Salad with Wild Wonders® TomatoesServes 4
For the BBQ chicken:
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. chipotle or chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
For the dressing:
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, diced
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 3 tsp. dried dill
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- Kosher salt to taste
For the salad:
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, washed, dried and torn
- 1 cup Wild Wonders® Tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ cup charred corn, sliced from the cob
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup pepitas
- ¼ cup tortilla strips or chips
- 2 Tbsp. chives, minced, for garnish
For the chicken:
- Combine the chicken thighs, spices and oil in a large bowl and toss well to evenly coat the chicken. Wrap or transfer to a resealable bag and allow to marinate for at least 4 hours up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat the grill to medium heat (325-350°F). Remove chicken from the marinade, discarding any excess marinade, and place chicken on the heated grill.
- Cook chicken for 5-7 minutes (depending on thickness) with the lid down. Flip chicken, then close lid and continue cooking for another 5-7 minutes until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Once cooked through, remove the chicken from the heat and place onto a large platter. Cover with aluminum foil and let rest for at least 10 minutes, or until ready to assemble the salad.
For the salad:
- To make the dressing, add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Cut chicken into strips. To assemble the salad, start with the lettuce and top with Wild Wonders® Tomatoes, corn, avocado, onion, pepitas, tortilla strips, and chicken.
- Serve garnished with chives with the dressing on the side, or toss all ingredients together and serve.
Bursting with WOW.
Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.
Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta Kits
Take me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.