6Tomato GaletteServes 6
6060 Mins 40 Mins 100 Mins
- 5 Campari® tomatoes
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp fresh ground black peppercorns
- ½ tsp kosher Salt
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup cubed unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup cold water
- ½ tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup ground Parmesan
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients so they are evenly combined. Crumble the butter into the dry ingredients using your fingertips until pea-sized crumbs form. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Using the handle side of a wooden spoon, mix cold water into the flour mixture until it comes together. Using your hand, gently knead dough into a disc. Place mixture back in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Slice Campari® tomatoes to ¼” thickness and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine rosemary and thyme together.
- On a clean surface lightly dusted with all-purpose flour, roll out dough to 10” circle. Thin the outer 1” of the circle so there is a thinner border. Carefully transfer circle to a parchment lined baking tray. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In the center of the dough, spread the breadcrumbs and leave a 1” border uncovered. Sprinkle half of the Parmesan on top of the breadcrumbs. Starting from the centre, place the tomato slices in concentric circles, overlapping each slice by half, making sure the tomatoes cover the edge of the parmesan-breadcrumb mixture. Sprinkle a pinch of pepper and the mixed herbs over the tomatoes. Sprinkle remaining parmesan over the top of the tomatoes. Lift the edges of the dough and fold them inward over the filling, pleating as you go, to create a folded-over border.
- Brush edge of galette with beaten egg. Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, rotating pan halfway through. The edges of the dough should be browned and the dough cooked fully through.
- Allow the Galette to rest for 10 minutes before transferring to a service board and serving while still warm. Serve with Crème Fraiche.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
The best-tasting berries in the world.
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
The cucumbers of your dreams.
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
Vine ripened, hand picked, mind blown.
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
No GMO. Yes amazing.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Organic and amazing, all year round.
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Chef-inspired, and ready in 15 minutes or less.
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.