Scallop and Arugula Risotto
4Scallop and Arugula RisottoServes 4
3030 Mins 40 Mins 70 Mins
- 1 beefsteak tomato, diced
- Coriander Tomato Pickle
- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp whole coriander seed
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp black peppercorns
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- ½ cup white onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- ½ cup white wine
- 3 ½ – 4 ½ cups chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 12 sea scallops (10-12 count)
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly shaved
Coriander Tomato Pickle
- In a small pot, combine white wine vinegar, coriander, bay leaf and peppercorns. Bring to a simmer. Pour hot brine over the diced tomatoes and allow to cool. Set aside.
- Set up an ice bath. In a small pot, bring salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add arugula to water for 5 seconds until wilted. Use a strainer to remove arugula and immediately transfer to an ice bath. Once fully chilled, drain and squeeze out excess water with your hands.
- In a high-speed blender, add wilted arugula and puree until smooth. If necessary, add just enough water to allow the puree to blend smoothly, using as little as possible. Set aside.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, add oil. Add onions and garlic and cook until soft and translucent. Add rice and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
- Deglaze pan with white wine and stir. Once liquid is almost gone, slowly pour in the chicken stock, approximately ½ cup at a time. Stir rice until each pour has been absorbed. Once you are out of liquid, your rice should be creamy and cooked through. Add arugula puree and mix well. Finish with butter and combine.
- In a pan over medium high heat, add oil and butter. Pat scallops dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Place scallops into the pan and sear until browned. Flip and repeat. Total cooking time should not exceed 6 minutes.
- Shock onion in cold water for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside
Putting it all together
- Divide risotto evenly into four bowls. Place 3 seared scallops on top. Spoon tomato pickle on top of scallops and garnish with thinly shaved red onion.
Bursting with WOW.
Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.
Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta Kits
Take me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.