WILD WONDERS® Peppers, Sweet Corn, Leek & Potato Hands Pies
6WILD WONDERS® Peppers, Sweet Corn, Leek & Potato Hands PiesServes 6
2525 Mins 25 Mins 50 Mins
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lb. yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1-½ cups WILD WONDERS® Peppers, diced
- ½ cup leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 uncooked pie crusts (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Flaky sea salt
- To make the filling: Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the leeks and cook until softened and lightly browned, about 6-7 minutes. Add the potatoes, corn, peppers, cumin, cayenne, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Add stock and simmer until the potatoes are soft and the liquid has evaporated, about 8-10 minutes. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface, roll the pie dough to about ⅛ inch thickness. Cut out circles from the dough using a 3.5” cookie cutter, rerolling any scrap pieces of dough as needed. You should have 15-18 circles. Place the dough circles on the baking sheets and refrigerate until chilled.
- Once chilled, remove from the refrigerator and evenly distribute the filling between half of the circles leaving room around the edges. Place another circle of dough over top, lining up to edges of the two pieces of dough. Crimp the edges with a fork to seal. Brush the top of each hand pie with the beaten egg. Sprinkle each with flaky sea salt, as desired. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the pies are golden brown and the filling is bubbling. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly before serving.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.