Whipped Feta Dip with Roasted WILD WONDERS® Peppers and Sizzled Seeds
6Whipped Feta Dip with Roasted WILD WONDERS® Peppers and Sizzled SeedsServes 6
1010 Mins 50 Mins 60 Mins
For the Whipped Feta
- 7 oz. block of feta cheese
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the marinated WILD WONDERS® Peppers
- 2-3 WILD WONDERS® Peppers, halved and deseeded
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. harissa paste
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp Kosher salt (more salt can be added to taste)
- ¼ tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
For the Sizzled Seeds Topping
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp. white sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp. pepitas, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- In a food processor, combine feta, yogurt, and garlic. Blend or process until very smooth, scraping down sides as necessary. Add 1 Tbsp. of olive oil and blend until well incorporated.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Place the WILD WONDERS® Peppers on a lined baking sheet and scatter with the thyme sprigs. Roast for 30-35 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Once cooled, remove the seeds and skins from the peppers. Then, cut into 1” pieces and set the diced peppers aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the harissa paste, 4 Tbsp. of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and season with salt and pepper. Add in the diced WILD WONDERS® Peppers and mix to combine.
- Heat ¼ cup olive oil in a small frying pan over a medium heat and then add the crushed coriander seeds, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, pepitas, and red pepper flakes. Sizzle for 3 to 5 minutes, until the spices are fragrant and just crisped. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Serve by dolloping the feta onto a serving plate. Spoon the peppers over the whipped feta and top with sizzled seeds and nuts.