Spicy Green Shakshuka
4Spicy Green ShakshukaServes 4
1010 Mins 30 Mins 40 Mins
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, or more as needed
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 leeks, cleaned and sliced into rings
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 KABOOM!™ Black Jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ½ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 stalks Lacinato Kale, destemmed and torn into bite size pieces
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup salsa verde (store-bought)
- 6 large eggs
- KABOOM!™ Black Jalapenos, sliced for garnish
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Crusty bread, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Heat a 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat and add olive oil to coat the bottom. Once heated, add the leeks, bell pepper, garlic, and KABOOM!™ Black Jalapenos, and cook until softened, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add in the cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper, stirring to combine. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add in the kale and baby spinach and cook until just wilted. Then add in salsa verde and bring to a simmer. Make 6 small wells or pockets in the skillet mixture and nestle a cracked egg into each. Season each egg with a pinch of salt, then transfer the skillet to the oven to bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the whites are set and the yolks are cooked to desired temperature.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and garnish with the KABOOM!™ Black Jalapeno slices and cilantro and serve with crusty bread.
Bursting with WOW.
Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.
Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta Kits
Take me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.