Mini Lamb Pitas with Roasted ONE SWEET® Peppers
6Mini Lamb Pitas with Roasted ONE SWEET® PeppersServes 6
2525 Mins 35 Mins 60 Mins
For the Roasted One Sweet® Peppers Spread:
- 8 One Sweet® Peppers
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 oz. Greek feta, crumbled
For the lamb meatballs:
- ½ lb. ground lamb
- ½ lb. ground beef
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 sprigs of oregano, leaves removed and finely chopped
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black black pepper
- Mini Pita Breads, heated to package instructions
- Greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Place the One Sweet® Peppers on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, tossing to coat. Roast the peppers until they begin to caramelize and tender, about 30-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Once they are cool enough to handle, remove the skins, seeds, and stems and slice into strips. Add them to a bowl along with the olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, and feta. Toss to coat the peppers. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400ºF. In a large bowl, combine the ground lamb, ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs, red onion, garlic, parsley, oregano, and smoked paprika. Once well combined, form into small 1” round meatballs.
- Place formed meatballs on a baking sheet brushed with olive oil. Bake until golden brown and cooked through to 145ºF, about 10 minutes.
- To assemble, spread 1 Tbsp. of Greek yogurt onto each pita. Top with a few meatballs and a spoonful of the Roasted ONE SWEET® Peppers Spread. Serve immediately.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
The best-tasting berries in the world.
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
The cucumbers of your dreams.
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
Vine ripened, hand picked, mind blown.
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
No GMO. Yes amazing.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Organic and amazing, all year round.
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Chef-inspired, and ready in 15 minutes or less.
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.