Grilled Shawarma Skewers with Couscous Mezze Bowls
4Grilled Shawarma Skewers with Couscous Mezze BowlsServes 4
1515 Mins 30 Mins 45 Mins
For the skewers:
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ lb. skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 ½” pieces
- 2 Wild Wonders® Peppers, cut into 1 ½” pieces
For the couscous mezze bowls:
- Hummus, for serving
- 2 cups Israeli couscous, cooked according to package instructions
- Organic Angel Sweet® Tomatoes, halved
- Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- Feta cheese
- Fresh dill
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- In a large bowl, add the garlic, ground cumin, smoked paprika, ground ginger, dried oregano, cinnamon, red pepper flakes, Kosher salt, black pepper, and lemon juice and mix well to combine. Slowly pour in the olive oil and whisk until the mixture is fully incorporated. Add the chicken and cover with aluminum foil. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours or up to overnight.
- When ready to cook the skewers, preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Meanwhile, assemble the skewers by threading one piece of Wild Wonders® Pepper, followed by a piece of chicken. Repeat the process 3 more times per skewer.
- Once the grill is to temperature, place the skewers on the grill and cook for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through. Chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F. Remove the skewers from the grill and transfer to a plate loosely covered with aluminum foil until ready to serve.
- To assemble each bowl, add a scoop of hummus to one side and a spoonful of Israeli couscous to the other. Add two skewers to each bowl, then garnish with tomatoes, olives, feta, and dill. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.