Basque-Style Chicken Thighs with Wild Wonders® Peppers and Kumato®
4Basque-Style Chicken Thighs with Wild Wonders® Peppers and Kumato®Serves 4
1010 Mins 50 Mins 60 Mins
- 4 oz. dried chorizo sausage, sliced into ½ inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup baby new potatoes, halved
- 2 Wild Wonders® Peppers, cut into ½-inch thick strips
- ½ medium red onion, cut into ¼-inch thick slices
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 Kumato® Tomatoes, quartered
- 4 thyme sprigs
- ½ cup dry sherry
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Heat a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook until browned and some of the fat has rendered. Transfer the chorizo to a plate lined with paper towels and set aside.
- Add olive oil (if needed) to lightly coat the bottom of the pan and heat. Season the chicken thighs with Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Once oil is hot, add the chicken to the pan skin side down and cook, undisturbed, over medium heat until the fat has rendered and the skin is crispy and brown, about 6 to 7 minutes. The chicken should be close to being cooked through (about 145°F). Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Drain the oil from the cast iron, leaving a thin layer of oil coating the bottom and add in the new baby potatoes, cut-side down, and cook until browned, about 5 to 6 minutes. Add in the peppers, onions, garlic, and smoked paprika and continue to cook until softened.
- Add in the sherry and allow to simmer until the liquid is reduced by half and the potatoes are fork tender. If potatoes need more time, add ¼ cup water or stock and continue to simmer as needed.
- Add in tomatoes and allow the sauce to continue to simmer until thickened, and tomatoes softened, about 7-10 minutes.
- Return the chicken thighs, skin side up, and chorizo pieces to the pan over the vegetables and continue to cook until the chicken’s internal temperature reaches 165°F. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Bursting with WOW.
Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.
Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta Kits
Take me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.