Shishito Grilled Cheese
2Shishito Grilled CheeseServes 2
55 Mins 15 Mins 20 Mins
- 10 SHAZAM!™ Shishito Peppers stems removed and sliced into large rings
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chorizo sausage, diced
- 4 slices white bread
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 slices gouda cheese
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into two pieces
- In a small sauté pan over medium-high heat, combine the shishito peppers, extra-virgin olive oil, and chorizo, and toss to coat. Cook until shishito peppers are blistered, about 6-7 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Coat one side of each slice of bread with equal portions of the mayonnaise. Next, layer a slice of gouda and cheddar cheese and top with half of the shishito pepper-chorizo mix. Cover with remaining Gouda cheese top with a slice of bread, mayonnaise side down.
- Heat a large skillet over a medium-high heat and add in one part of the butter. Once butter is foaming, lower the heat to medium and place one sandwich in the skillet. Cook until golden brown and crispy, about 2- 3 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet and repeat the process for the second sandwich, starting with adding the other pat of butter to the pan. Serve immediately.
Bursting with WOW.
Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.
Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta Kits
Take me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.