Creamed SHAZAM!™ Shishitos with Bacon
4-6Creamed SHAZAM!™ Shishitos with BaconServes 4-6
1010 Mins 35 Mins 45 Mins
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. SHAZAM!™ Shishito Peppers, stemmed and thinly sliced into rounds
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 2” pieces
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crispy. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and place onto paper towels to drain. Leave 1 Tbsp. of the rendered bacon fat in the pan (drain off and discard any additional fat) and add SHAZAM!™ Shishito Peppers, shallots, and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently with a rubber spatula, until vegetables are softened, but not browned, and shishitos are still bright green, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a rapid simmer. Continue to cook and stir frequently. Adjust heat as necessary to maintain a simmer, until the cream is reduced to a saucy consistency, another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add grated cheese, and season again with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a serving dish and top with crispy bacon.
Bursting with WOW.
Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.
Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta Kits
Take me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.