Cauliflower Toast with WILD WONDERS® Romesco Spread
2Cauliflower Toast with WILD WONDERS® Romesco SpreadServes 2
55 Mins 10 Mins 15 Mins
- 4 thick slices of a crusty bread, toasted
- 2 cups roasted cauliflower
- Pickled red onion, for garish
- Parsley leaves, for garnish
- Crumbled feta, for garnish
For the Romesco sauce:
- 6 Campari® Tomatoes
- 2 WILD WONDERS® Peppers
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for roasting
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 slice toasted or stale bread, crusts removed
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup almond slivers
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp. chipotle powder
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt, or more to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, add Campari® Tomatoes and WILD WONDERS® Peppers. Brush the tomatoes and peppers with olive oil to coat all sides and roast until soft and beginning to caramelize, about 30-40 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- To the bowl of a food processor, add garlic, 1 bread slice, almonds, smoked paprika, chipotle powder, and salt. Process until finely chopped. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Once the tomatoes and peppers are cool enough to handle, peel the skins off of the peppers and deseed. Add the roasted tomatoes, roasted peppers, and red wine vinegar to the food processor and process until a smooth paste is formed. With the motor running, slowly stream in the olive oil until fully incorporated. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- To build the cauliflower toast, spread romesco sauce on the four toasted slices of bread. Add about ½ cup of roasted cauliflower on top of each and garnish with pickled red onion, crumbled feta, and parsley. Serve.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.