Peri Peri Grilled Chicken Skewers
2-4Peri Peri Grilled Chicken SkewersServes 2-4
1515 Mins 10 Mins 25 Mins
- 3 Aloha™ Peppers, halved lengthwise and seeds removed
- 2 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 3 Yowzers™ red chili peppers, divided
- 8 cloves garlic
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- 3 tsp. sugar
- 3 tsp. Kosher salt
- 2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1-½ lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” pieces
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Preheat broiler to high. Place Aloha™ Peppers and onions face down on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil, turning occasionally, until charred on all sides. Place broiled Aloha™ Peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside to cool.
- Remove the skins and stems from peppers and add with onion to a food processor or blender. Add the garlic, ¼ cup lemon juice, ¼ cup vinegar, 2 chopped Yowzers™ red chili peppers, oregano, smoked paprika, sugar, salt, and pepper and puree until smooth.
- Transfer sauce to medium saucepan and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Allow sauce to cool before adding back to the food processor. Add in remaining lemon juice and vinegar. Slowly stream in the extra virgin olive oil as the processor is running.
- Skewer the chicken pieces and brush on marinade, ensuring to coat each side. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hours or overnight. Store any remaining marinade in an airtight container in the fridge to use as a dipping sauce.
- Heat grill to medium high and brush grill grates with oil. Cook skewers, turning occasionally, until well browned and the center of the chicken registers 160-165º F on an instant read thermometer, about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer the skewers to a platter, garnish with thinly sliced Yowzers™ red chili peppers, and serve with lemon wedges and extra dipping sauce.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.