ONE SWEET® Pepper Popper
6ONE SWEET® Pepper PopperServes 6
1515 Mins 20 Mins 35 Mins
- 10 ONE SWEET® Peppers, halved and seeds removed
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack
- 1/4 cup grated medium cheddar
- 1/2 red finger chili, seeded and finely minced
- 3 slices cooked bacon, finely chopped (reserve 1 chopped piece for garnish)
- 1 Tbsp green onion, finely chopped (reserve green parts for garnish)
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black peppercorns
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black peppercorns to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a small bowl, mix together panko breadcrumbs, butter, paprika, salt, and pepper, ensuring the butter coats the panko evenly. Set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl mix cream cheese, Monterey Jack, cheddar, chili, bacon, and green onion to evenly combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of filling into each pepper half and place on lined baking sheet. If the pepper doesn’t lay flat, slice a very thin piece from the bottom to create a level surface.
- Spoon a small amount of panko topping over cream cheese filling. Bake peppers for 18-20 minutes, until filling is bubbly and warm and peppers are just cooked but not too soft. (For additional browning, you can also broil for the last minute, keeping close eye on the topping.)
- Remove from heat. Let peppers cool down slightly and garnish with reserved chopped bacon and green onion. Serve immediately.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.