8-10Lollipeppers™ CarnitasServes 8-10
240240 Mins 240 Mins 480 Mins
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 lb. pork shoulder
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 pkg. Lollipeppers™, divided
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup orange juice
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, picked
- ½ cup queso fresco, crumbled
- corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium- high heat. Sear pork shoulder until golden brown on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and sauté garlic and onions in the Dutch oven, about 3-4 minutes. Chop half of the Lollipeppers™ add to the pot and sauté for 3- 5 minutes until peppers are soft.
- Add tomato paste and spices, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Deglaze the pot by adding orange juice and chicken stock, stir.
- Place the pork shoulder back in the pot, cover and place in the oven for 4 hours, checking and turning the shoulder over once.
- Thinly slice remaining Lollipeppers™ and put in a small mixing bowl. Add 1tsp salt and red wine vinegar, toss and set aside.
- Remove the pot from the oven and remove the pork shoulder, cool.
- Using an immersion blender, blend liquid in the Dutch oven until smooth. Taste and season.
- Once the pork shoulder has cooled, discard any bones and fat. Shred pork and set aside.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. Top with carnita sauce, shredded pork, cheese, cilantro, quick pickled Lollipeppers™ and a squeeze of lime.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.