ALOHA™ Pepper Pork
4ALOHA™ Pepper PorkServes 4
1515 Mins 150 Mins 165 Mins
Pineapple Glazed Pulled Pork
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cored
- 2 lb boneless pork shoulder
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 cooking onion, chopped
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 thumb of fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- Kosher salt for seasoning
- Freshly cracked black peppercorns for seasoning
- 2 Tbsp Vidalia onion rings, thinly sliced
- 2 Aloha™ peppers cut into rings 2” wide, dice the remaining pieces
- 4 grilled pineapple rings, reserved from above
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, finely julienned
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- Mint for garnish
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Preheat a cast iron grill grate or bbq to high heat.
- Preheat a cast iron roaster with a lid to high heat
- Cut pineapple into 6 rings, each about 1” thick. Season with salt and pepper and grill approximately 5-7 minutes per side. Reserve 4 grilled rings for plating.
- Season pork shoulder liberally with salt and pepper and sear on all sides in roaster until browned. Once browned, remove from pan, and set aside.
- Reduce roaster to medium-high heat, and add oil, onions, garlic, and ginger. Sauté until browned. Add chicken stock, and 2 of the 6 pineapple rings.
- Bring to a boil and return pork shoulder to the roaster. Cover and cook in oven for 2 ½ hours.
- Once cooked, place pork shoulder on a tray until cool enough to touch. Break up and strain all the ingredients from the cooking liquid in the roasting pan. Reduce over high-heat until the liquid is half of the original volume. Discard the waste.
- Shred pork with two forks. Toss pulled pork with diced peppers and reduced pineapple glaze from roasting tray. Toss until evenly coated.
Putting It Together
- Place onion rings in ice water for 10 minutes then drain well.
- Assemble as pictured. Serve with a side of rice drizzled with soy sauce.
Try one of these other tasty recipes.
Pasta Primavera with Wild Wonder® tomatoes
Sprinkles® Fiesta Lunch-to-go
Under 30 mins
Mac & Cheese with Sprinkles® Tomatoes
Campari® Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Under 30 mins
Bursting with WOW.
Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.
Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta Kits
Take me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.