SUNSET® WOW™ Berry and Mascarpone Tart
4SUNSET® WOW™ Berry and Mascarpone TartPortions 4
1.590 Mins 15 Mins 105 Mins
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp cold water
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup 35% whipping cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 2 cup WOW™ berries
- 2 Tbsp apricot jam
- Orange liqueur, optional
- Mint leaves, edible flowers, icing sugar, optional
- Beat butter and icing sugar at medium speed until creamy. Scrape down sides with spatula. Add egg yolk, beat until combined and scrape down sides again. Adjust to low speed, add flour and mix until combined. Dough should be slightly crumbly. Add water, mix to combine, then turn onto plastic wrap. Press dough into a square, flat shape, about ¾” thick. Wrap tightly and chill at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Adjust rack to center of oven.
- Divide dough into four equal portions. Roll each portion into rounds, approximately 7” wide x ¼” thick. Gently press into 5” fluted tart pans with removable bottom. Refrigerate for 10 minutes then trim edges with paring knife.
- Poke bottom of each tart with a fork about 10 times. Place a square of tin foil over each shell and weigh down with pie weights. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and weights and continue to bake until dough is golden and cooked through, around 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Using a stand mixer with paddle attachment, mix all filling ingredients, scraping bowl sides down until sugar is dissolved and mixture is light and smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Putting It Together
- Fill each tart with mascarpone filling and top with berries. In a small saucepan, melt apricot jam and a touch of water (or orange liqueur) to form a light glaze. Gently brush glaze over berries.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.