Vegan Pho With Yowzers™ Red Chili Peppers
6Vegan Pho With Yowzers™ Red Chili PeppersServes 6
1515 Mins 180 Mins 195 Mins
For the Broth:
- 2 large onions, cut in half
- 1 head garlic, cut in half crosswise
- 1 large hand of ginger, about 6 inches split in half lengthwise
- 3 whole star anise pods
- 1 4” cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 2 tsp. coriander seeds
- 2 Tbsp. Tamari
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1-¼ cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 3 scallions
For the Marinated Tofu:
- (1) 16 oz. package of extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed, cut into 1” cubes
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. mirin
For the Garnishes:
- Preheat broiler to high. Place onions, garlic, and ginger on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil, turning occasionally, until charred on all sides.
- Transfer onions, ginger, and garlic to a large stock pot or Dutch oven. Add shiitake mushrooms, scallions, star anise, cinnamon stick, cloves, coriander seeds, sugar and salt. Cover with 10 cups of water. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce to a low simmer, cover, and cook for 2 hours. Then stir in Tamari and rice vinegar and continue to simmer broth uncovered for an additional hour.
- While the broth is simmering, marinate the tofu. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, and mirin. Place tofu cubes in a shallow baking dish. Pour marinade over the tofu, ensuring all sides are covered, and let marinate for at least an hour or up to 48 hours.
- Prepare rice noodles according to package directions. To serve, place noodles in individual soup bowls. Pour hot broth over noodles. Top with marinated tofu and additional garnishes and serve immediately.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.