Potato Rosti with Whipped Goat Cheese and Sizzling Wild Wonders® Tomato Salad
4-6Potato Rosti with Whipped Goat Cheese and Sizzling Wild Wonders® Tomato SaladServes 4-6
1515 Mins 25 Mins 40 Mins
For the sizzling tomato salad:
- 1 pint Wild Wonders® Tomatoes, halved
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. pine nuts
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- Pinch of freshly cracked pepper
For the potato rosti:
- 2 lb. Yukon Gold or russet potatoes, scrubbed and peeled
- ¾ tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
For the whipped goat cheese:
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Fresh dill, for garnish (optional)
- In a heat-proof medium bowl, add Wild Wonders® Tomatoes, shallot, garlic and pine nuts. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper. Set aside tomato salad.
- Grate the potatoes with a box grater. Squeeze the grated potatoes with paper towels to drain any remaining liquid.
- Place the shredded potatoes into a large bowl and add the ¾ tsp. salt, ½ tsp. black pepper, and 1 Tbsp. of the melted butter until mixed well and combined. Set aside.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Once shimmering, pour oil over the reserved tomato salad. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Return the skillet to the stove and lower to medium-low heat. There should be a thin layer of oil remaining, if not, add more and allow to heat. Add the potatoes and loosely pack down to fit the skillet.
- Cook the potatoes until golden brown, flipping once halfway through for about five minutes per side. Pour over the remaining melted butter and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- While cooling, crumble the goat cheese into the bowl of a food processor and whip until creamy. With the processor running, add in the heavy cream and lemon juice and process until the mixture has a fluffy, whipped consistency.
- Transfer the rosti to a serving platter. Spread the whipped goat cheese over the top of the cooled rosti.
- With a slotted spoon, add the tomato salad to the center of the rosti. Garnish with dill. Serve.