Peppercorn-Crusted Tenderloin with Spicy Holiday Rosemary Chimichurri
8-10Peppercorn-Crusted Tenderloin with Spicy Holiday Rosemary ChimichurriServes 8-10
2020 Mins 50 Mins 70 Mins
For the Peppercorn-Crusted Tenderloin
- (1) 4 to 5 lb. beef tenderloin, trimmed of visible fat
- 2 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 4 tsp. brown sugar
- ½ cup mixed peppercorns, crushed
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
For the Spicy Holiday Rosemary Chimichurri
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2-3 YOWZERS!™ Red Chili Peppers, deseeded and stems removed, finely diced
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup oregano, chopped
- 3 rosemary sprigs, needles stripped from the stems and chopped
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Kosher salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 475ºF. In a small bowl, combine the Kosher salt, brown sugar, and crushed peppercorns. Place the tenderloin on a roasting rack and coat with peppercorn mixture, pressing into the meat on all sides. Place in the oven and roast until the internal temperature of the tenderloin reaches desired finish (125ºF for medium rare, about 15-20 minutes).
- While the meat is roasting, in a small bowl add the shallot, garlic, YOWZERS!™ Red Chili Peppers, parsley, oregano, rosemary, smoked paprika, and red wine vinegar. Stir to combine, then slowly drizzle in the extra-virgin olive oil while continuously whisking. Set aside.
- Once the beef tenderloin has been removed from the oven, pour the melted butter evenly over top. Cover loosely with foil and allow the meat to rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- To serve, slice the tenderloin to desired thickness, and arrange on a serving platter. Spoon some of the Spicy Holiday Rosemary Chimichurri over top and serve the rest alongside.