Mushroom & Wild Wonders® Peppers Pot Pie
4-6Mushroom & Wild Wonders® Peppers Pot PieServes 4-6
1515 Mins 75 Mins 90 Mins
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided, plus more as needed
- 8 oz. fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and halved
- 8 oz. cremini mushrooms, stemmed and quartered
- 1 large red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup diced Wild Wonders® peppers, about 2-3 peppers
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- ½ cup dry sherry
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1-½ cups shredded chicken
- 1 (14- to 16-ounce) package puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg
- Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add the mushrooms in a single layer, without any crowding, and cook undisturbed until browned. Stir and continue to cook until browned all over, about 5 minutes. Season with Kosher salt and black pepper and remove from the pan. Repeat with remaining mushrooms as needed and reserve.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add remaining oil to the skillet. Add onion and cook until starting to brown and caramelize, about 15 minutes. Add in the WILD WONDERS® peppers, garlic, thyme and rosemary with a large pinch of Kosher salt and cook until softened. Add shredded chicken and return mushrooms to the pan.
- Sprinkle the flour into the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until flour smells nutty and cooked through, about 3 minutes. While stirring, add in the dry sherry and cook until reduced by half. Add in the stock and cream, whisking continuously. Cover and cook until thickened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out 2 puff pastry sheets into rectangles the size of your baking dish, trimming any excess. Press one into the bottom and along the edges of the baking dish. Add in the pot pie filling and transfer the second to the top, allowing the corners to hang over the edge of the baking dish. In a small bowl, whisk the egg with 1 tsp. of water. Lightly brush the egg wash over the top of the puff pastry.
- Bake, uncovered, until the top is golden brown and cooked through and the filling is bubbly, about 40-45 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.