Chicken and YOWZERS!™ Banh Mi Sandwich
4Chicken and YOWZERS!™ Banh Mi SandwichServes 4
3030 Mins 45 Mins 75 Mins
For the YOWZERS!™ Pickled Vegetables:
- 2 Tbsp. unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¾ cup shredded carrots
- ¾ cup thinly sliced English cucumber
- 3 YOWZERS!™ Red Chili Peppers, thinly sliced
- ½ cup shredded radish
For the Chicken Banh Mi:
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 lb. thin chicken cutlets
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 4 hoagie-style sandwich rolls (or 1 baguette cut into fourths)
- Mayonnaise, for serving
- 1 small bunch of cilantro, for garnish
- To prepare the YOWZERS!™ Pickled Vegetables: In a large bowl, add the rice vinegar, sugar, and salt. Whisk to dissolve the sugar and salt. Add in the carrots, cucumbers, YOWZERS!™, and radishes. Stir to combine, and let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the chicken. In a large bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce, and lime juice. Add in the chicken cutlets and gently toss to evenly coat them in the marinade. Allow to marinade for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken cutlets to the pan (discard the marinade) and cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 5-6 minutes per side. Set aside to cool slightly.
- To assemble the Banh Mi, swipe both sides of each hoagie roll with mayonnaise. Layer in 1-2 pieces of chicken followed by a generous helping of the YOWZERS!™ pickled vegetables. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
The best-tasting berries in the world.
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
The cucumbers of your dreams.
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
Vine ripened, hand picked, mind blown.
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
No GMO. Yes amazing.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Organic and amazing, all year round.
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Chef-inspired, and ready in 15 minutes or less.
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.