Wok Tossed Angel Sweet® Hot Wings
4Wok Tossed Angel Sweet® Hot WingsPortions 4
Temps de préparation
2020 Mins 60 Mins 80 Mins
- 2 lb chicken wings
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups Angel Sweet® tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbsp whole dried Pequin peppers
- 2 Tbsp shallots, chopped
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Reserved drippings from cooking chicken wings
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ tsp lime zest
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Break down each wing into 2 pieces by splitting at the joint using a chef’s knife. Remove and discard wing tips. In a medium bowl, toss wings in olive oil, salt and pepper, then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until wings are fully cooked and browned, flipping once halfway through. Set aside.
- In a hot dry wok over medium heat, toss pequin peppers carefully – ensure the whole dried chili stays intact; this step creates the essence of the chili and adds a smokiness to the wok. Add shallots and cook for 1 minute, then add tomatoes and toss until heated through. Add wings, then honey and chicken juices, tossing to evenly coat. Add cilantro and lime zest, then season with salt pepper to taste. Toss and serve on a platter with fresh lime wedges to garnish.
Don’t eat the chilies unless you like a challenge. They are for flavour only.