Wok Tossed Angel Sweet® Hot Wings
4Wok Tossed Angel Sweet® Hot WingsServes 4
2020 Mins 60 Mins 80 Mins
- 2 lb chicken wings
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups Angel Sweet® tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbsp whole dried Pequin peppers
- 2 Tbsp shallots, chopped
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Reserved drippings from cooking chicken wings
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ tsp lime zest
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Break down each wing into 2 pieces by splitting at the joint using a chef’s knife. Remove and discard wing tips. In a medium bowl, toss wings in olive oil, salt and pepper, then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until wings are fully cooked and browned, flipping once halfway through. Set aside.
- In a hot dry wok over medium heat, toss pequin peppers carefully – ensure the whole dried chili stays intact; this step creates the essence of the chili and adds a smokiness to the wok. Add shallots and cook for 1 minute, then add tomatoes and toss until heated through. Add wings, then honey and chicken juices, tossing to evenly coat. Add cilantro and lime zest, then season with salt pepper to taste. Toss and serve on a platter with fresh lime wedges to garnish.
Don’t eat the chilies unless you like a challenge. They are for flavour only.
Bursting with WOW.
Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.
Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta Kits
Take me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.