Mini Wild Wonders® Tomato Tarts
8-10Mini Wild Wonders® Tomato TartsPortions 8-10
Temps de préparation
5050 Mins 35 Mins 85 Mins
- (1) 14.1-oz. package pie crusts
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 8 oz. heavy cream
- ⅓ cup grated pecorino
- (1) 12-oz. package Wild Wonders Tomatoes, halved
- Prepared caramelized onions (about ½ cup)
- Prepared sautéed sliced mushrooms (about ½ cup)
- 4 oz. pancetta
- 5-6 sage leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup basil pesto, store-bought
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- Roll out one sheet of pie dough on a clean, lightly floured work surface to about ¼” thick. Cut into twelve 4” rounds. Repeat process with second sheet of pie dough. Place each round into a mini tart shell (or muffin tins) and prick bases with a fork. Place on baking sheets and chill in refrigerator while the rest of the components are prepared.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, sauté the pancetta until golden brown and crispy, about 7-8 minutes. Add chopped sage and remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, heavy cream, and pecorino. Season, to taste, with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Remove the chilled mini pie tarts from the refrigerator. Fill each tart shell with about ¼ cup of the egg mixture followed by the fillings (below)
- Bake mini tarts for about 25 minutes then remove from oven and top each tart with an additional halved Wild Wonders Tomatoes. Garnish each of the pesto tarts with a few toasted pine nuts. Continue to bake for another 5 minutes, or until eggs are set and golden brown. Allow to cool on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes before removing from tart pans. Serve warm or at room temperature.
For the Tomato, Pancetta & Sage: Top each tart with about 1 tsp. of the pancetta-sage mixture followed by 1-2 halved Wild Wonders Tomatoes.
For the Caramelized Onion, Tomato, & Mushroom: Top each tart with about 1 tsp. each of caramelized onion and sautéed mushroom, followed by 1-2 halved Wild Wonders Tomatoes.
For the Tomato, Pesto, and Pine Nuts: Add about ¼ tsp. basil pesto to each tart and gently stir with a small spoon. Top with 1-2 halved Wild Wonders Tomatoes.
Bursting with WOW.
Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.
Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta Kits
Take me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.