- Roll out one sheet of pie dough on a clean, lightly floured work surface to about ¼” thick. Cut into twelve 4” rounds. Repeat process with second sheet of pie dough. Place each round into a mini tart shell (or muffin tins) and prick bases with a fork. Place on baking sheets and chill in refrigerator while the rest of the components are prepared.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, sauté the pancetta until golden brown and crispy, about 7-8 minutes. Add chopped sage and remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, heavy cream, and pecorino. Season, to taste, with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Remove the chilled mini pie tarts from the refrigerator. Fill each tart shell with about ¼ cup of the egg mixture followed by the fillings (below)
- Bake mini tarts for about 25 minutes then remove from oven and top each tart with an additional halved Wild Wonders Tomatoes. Garnish each of the pesto tarts with a few toasted pine nuts. Continue to bake for another 5 minutes, or until eggs are set and golden brown. Allow to cool on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes before removing from tart pans. Serve warm or at room temperature.
For the Tomato, Pancetta & Sage: Top each tart with about 1 tsp. of the pancetta-sage mixture followed by 1-2 halved Wild Wonders Tomatoes.
For the Caramelized Onion, Tomato, & Mushroom: Top each tart with about 1 tsp. each of caramelized onion and sautéed mushroom, followed by 1-2 halved Wild Wonders Tomatoes.
For the Tomato, Pesto, and Pine Nuts: Add about ¼ tsp. basil pesto to each tart and gently stir with a small spoon. Top with 1-2 halved Wild Wonders Tomatoes.