SHAZAM!™ Philly Cheesesteak
4SHAZAM!™ Philly CheesesteakPortions 4
Temps de préparation /
6060 Mins 20 Mins 80 Mins
- 1.5-2 lb sirloin steak, partially frozen & thinly sliced*
- 2 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- ⅓ cup olive oil, divided
- 4 cups white onions, sliced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground black peppercorns to taste
- 24 SHAZAM!™ shishito peppers, stems trimmed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 crusty Italian rolls, split lengthwise keeping bottom side intact
- 16-20 slices provolone cheese
- Finishing sea salt to taste
- Thinly slice beef then place in a bowl with chopped garlic and 1 tablespoon oil. Marinate in fridge for 1 hour
- In the meantime, in a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil and sauté sliced onions until tender and lightly caramelized. Remove onions from pan and set aside.
- Return pan to stove and heat 2 tablespoons oil, add shishito peppers, turning after a while to blister on both sides. Remove from pan and keep warm in a covered container.
- In the same pan, over medium-high heat, sauté beef in remaining oil in batches for about 1 minute per batch. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Add onions back to pan and toss in with beef to heat through. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Butter each crusty roll and lightly toast in a preheated 400°F oven.
- To assemble sandwiches, divide the beef and onion mixture into the 4 buttered and toasted rolls, then place provolone slices on top of beef. Place sandwiches on a parchment-lined baking sheet and put back in the oven for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese.
- Remove from the oven and garnish the top with 5 or 6 blistered shishito peppers and a sprinkle of finishing sea salt. Serve warm.
Freeze beef slightly until firm but not completely hard. This will make it much easier to thinly slice it by hand.
Bursting with WOW.
Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.
Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta Kits
Take me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.