SHAZAM!™ Philly Cheesesteak
4SHAZAM!™ Philly CheesesteakPortions 4
Temps de préparation /
6060 Mins 20 Mins 80 Mins
- 1.5-2 lb sirloin steak, partially frozen & thinly sliced*
- 2 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- ⅓ cup olive oil, divided
- 4 cups white onions, sliced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground black peppercorns to taste
- 24 SHAZAM!™ shishito peppers, stems trimmed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 crusty Italian rolls, split lengthwise keeping bottom side intact
- 16-20 slices provolone cheese
- Finishing sea salt to taste
- Thinly slice beef then place in a bowl with chopped garlic and 1 tablespoon oil. Marinate in fridge for 1 hour
- In the meantime, in a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil and sauté sliced onions until tender and lightly caramelized. Remove onions from pan and set aside.
- Return pan to stove and heat 2 tablespoons oil, add shishito peppers, turning after a while to blister on both sides. Remove from pan and keep warm in a covered container.
- In the same pan, over medium-high heat, sauté beef in remaining oil in batches for about 1 minute per batch. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Add onions back to pan and toss in with beef to heat through. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Butter each crusty roll and lightly toast in a preheated 400°F oven.
- To assemble sandwiches, divide the beef and onion mixture into the 4 buttered and toasted rolls, then place provolone slices on top of beef. Place sandwiches on a parchment-lined baking sheet and put back in the oven for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese.
- Remove from the oven and garnish the top with 5 or 6 blistered shishito peppers and a sprinkle of finishing sea salt. Serve warm.
Freeze beef slightly until firm but not completely hard. This will make it much easier to thinly slice it by hand.