Mini Pumpkins with Apple & Wild Wonders® Pepper Stuffing
6Mini Pumpkins with Apple & Wild Wonders® Pepper StuffingPortions 6
Temps de préparation
3030 Mins 40 Mins 70 Mins
- 6 mini pumpkins
- 2 Tbsp. + 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large country boule, cut into 1” cubes (about 6 cups)
- 2 Wild Wonders Peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 Granny Smith apples, coarsely chopped
- 3 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
- 1 large leek, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh sage, chopped
- 3 cups unsalted vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Place cubed bread on a large baking sheet. Cut off the tops of each pumpkin and set aside. Remove and discard the seeds from each pumpkin. Lightly brush 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil over the insides and outsides of the pumpkin bottoms and tops and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Place on a lined baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes with the tops on the pumpkins, until tender. Bake the cubed bread for 7-8 minutes until toasted and set aside.
- While the pumpkins are baking, prepare the stuffing. In a large Dutch oven or high-sided skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil followed by the Wild Wonders peppers, apples, celery, and leek, and sage. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5-6 minutes. Add in the toasted cubed bread and toss to combine. Add in the vegetable stock and stir to combine. Remove from heat and let stand for 5-10 minutes to allow bread to absorb the stock.
- Carefully fill each pumpkin with stuffing and place back on a sheet tray. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or so, until the top of stuffing starts to crisp. Remove from oven, top each pumpkin with their tops and serve immediately.
Bursting with WOW.
Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.
Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta Kits
Take me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.