The Ultimate XL Beefsteak Smash Burger
4The Ultimate XL Beefsteak Smash BurgerServes 4
2020 Mins 20 Mins 40 Mins
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- ¼ cup sweet onion, grated
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp celery salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 4 slices American cheese slices
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 ½ Tbsp butter
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 XL Beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
- 4 dill pickles
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, salt and pepper, mix until just combined. Do not overmix. Shape into four, 4-ounce balls and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, celery salt, onion and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat, until smoking. Add 2 Tbsp. oil and 2 meatballs, flattening immediately to ¼ “inch thickness with a sturdy wide spatula. Cook until the bottoms are crisp and dark brown, about 1-2 minutes. Flip patties and add a slice of cheese on each patty and place a lid on top for 1 minute. Once the cheese has melted, remove the patties and keep them warm by covering with foil. Repeat with the remaining meatballs and cheese slices.
- Heat the broiler to high and toast the buns. Remove and spread with butter.
- Spread each bottom and top half of the bun with the mayonnaise sauce. Add shredded lettuce to the bottom, then a slice of XL Beefsteak tomato, the beef patty, another slice of XL Beefsteak tomato, pickles and the top bun. Serve immediately.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.