Shiitake Beef Ramen with YOWZERS!™ Garlic Crisp Oil
8Shiitake Beef Ramen with YOWZERS!™ Garlic Crisp OilServes 8
2020 Mins 60 Mins 80 Mins
- 1-½ lb. bone-in beef chuck roast
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 3 cups beef stock
- 5 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 scallions, trimmed
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp. mirin
- 1 tsp. light brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- (1) 2” knob of ginger
- 8 oz. ramen noodles, cooked according to package directions
- Thai basil, to garnish
- Chives, to garnish
- Beech mushrooms, to garnish
- 2 soft-boiled eggs, halved
For the YOWZERS!™ Garlic Crisp Oil
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 YOWZERS!™ red chili peppers, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 black peppercorns
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- Add canola oil to the Instant Pot pressure cooker followed by the chuck roast and sear until brown on each side, about 4-5 minutes per side. Next, add the beef stock, dried shiitake mushrooms, and scallions. Cover and set to pressure cook on high for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, let the pressure release naturally and open the lid. Remove the scallions and discard. Remove the beef and transfer to a plate to cool, then gently shred the meat off the bone into large chunks. Discard the bones.
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, mirin, and brown sugar and stir well to combine. To the Instant Pot, add 4 Tbsp. of the soy sauce mixture along with the garlic clove and ginger knob. Using the sauté function, simmer the broth for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove and discard the garlic and ginger. Next, add in the baby bok choy and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until the bok choy is slightly wilted and bright green. Taste the broth for seasoning and stir in an additional tablespoon or more of the soy mixture as needed.
- To serve, add half of the ramen noodles to each bowl and cover with 1-½ cups of the broth. Top each with 2 soft-boiled egg halves, beech mushrooms, Thai basil, and
For the YOWZERS!™ Garlic Crisp Oil
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add the canola oil. Once heated, add YOWZERS!™ red chili peppers slices, garlic, and black peppercorns. Allow to gently fry, stirring occasionally and reducing the heat as needed to maintain a very gentle simmer. The process should take about 10-15 minutes.
- Once garlic is golden brown, strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer to separate the YOWZERS!™ red chili peppers garlic crisp from the oil. Add a pinch of salt to the YOWZERS!™ red chili peppers garlic crisp mixture and stir to combine. Add sesame oil into the strained chili oil and stir. Allow each to cool separately to help retain crispness and then combine before serving.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
The best-tasting berries in the world.
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
The cucumbers of your dreams.
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
Vine ripened, hand picked, mind blown.
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
No GMO. Yes amazing.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Organic and amazing, all year round.
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Chef-inspired, and ready in 15 minutes or less.
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.