Matzo & Wild Wonders® Peppers Kugel
4-6Matzo & Wild Wonders® Peppers KugelServes 4-6
1010 Mins 70 Mins 80 Mins
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
- 1 box of matzo crackers (10-12 oz.), broken into 2”-4” pieces
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 package of Wild Wonders® Peppers, diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a large cast iron pan or 9×9 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the sour cream, heavy cream and eggs. Fold in the matzo and allow it to sit until the matzo is softened but still holds its shape.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over low to medium heat. Add onion and peppers and cook until the onions are translucent and peppers are beginning to brown on the edges, about 7 to 8 minutes. Season with Kosher salt and black pepper to taste then fold the vegetables into the matzo mixture.
- Pour the combined mixture into the cast iron pan or baking dish and bake until the top is golden and kugel is set, about 50 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.