Korean-Style Steak with Cucumber and Apple Salad
4Korean-Style Steak with Cucumber and Apple SaladServes 4
1515 Mins 25 Mins 40 Mins
For the skirt steak:
- 1-½ lb. skirt steak
- 1-½ tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1-inch knob of ginger, finely chopped
For the cucumber and apple salad:
- 3 SUNSET® Mini Cucumbers, cut into matchsticks
- 1 granny smith apple, cut into matchsticks
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Black sesame seeds (optional)
- Season the steak with salt. Meanwhile, preheat a grill or grill pan over high heat.
- Brush the steak with canola oil and grill until internal temperature reaches 135°F for medium rare or until desired doneness, flipping once halfway through.
- Remove from the grill and allow to rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing against the grain into ½” thick slices.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic and ginger. Add the steak slices and cover with plastic wrap. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to serve, add mini cucumbers, apple, carrot, scallions and lime juice to a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Arrange sliced steak on a serving platter, spooning some of the marinade over top.
- Top with cucumber-apple salad. Serve.
Bursting with WOW.
Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.
Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta Kits
Take me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.