Grilled Steak Salad with Beefsteak Tomato
4Grilled Steak Salad with Beefsteak TomatoServes 4
1515 Mins 10 Mins 25 Mins
- 1/2 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Additional kosher salt to finish
- Freshly ground black peppercorns to finish
Grilled Steak Salad
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes
- 1 (12 -14 oz) flank steak
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black peppercorns
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 4 cups sliced romaine hearts
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Season flank steak evenly with salt and pepper. Grill approximately 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare, flipping once. Set aside, tented loosely with foil and rest on cutting board for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- While steak rests, prepare grilled tomatoes and avocados. Slice each tomato in half horizontally. Place tomato and avocado halves cut sides down directly on hot grill for approximately 30 seconds. Gently remove tomatoes and avocado to a cutting board. Cut each grilled tomato half into four pieces. Scoop out each half of the avocado from skin and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Gently toss arugula and sliced romaine lettuce in a small amount of dressing, coating lightly and evenly. Arrange dressed greens evenly on four serving plates.
- Slice rested flank steak thinly across the grain and arrange over the greens. Season steak slices with salt and pepper. Arrange sliced red onion, grilled tomato and grilled avocado pieces on top. Season the vegetables with additional salt and pepper and an extra light drizzle of salad dressing.
- Serve immediately.
Bursting with WOW.
Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.
Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta Kits
Take me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.