Blistered Shazam!™ Shishito Peppers
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Rinse, drain and pat dry the peppers with clean towel or paper towel.
- Place whole peppers evenly on a baking sheet. Pour vegetable oil over the peppers. Sprinkle with salt and mix until peppers are well coated.
- Place baking sheet in the oven on the top rack under the broiler. Once you hear the peppers start popping, approximately 4 minutes, shake the tray and leave in the oven for another minute or so. Peppers will be blistered and lightly charred in spots. Remove the tray from the oven.
Chili Lime Soy Sauce
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients, then pour into a small service vessel.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve warm, making sure your guests know to discard the stems.
Please note, roughly one in ten Shishito peppers will be spicy. Enjoy the Shishito lottery!
*Use tamari if you require a gluten-free snack option.