Arepas with One Sweet® Peppers & Black Beans
4Arepas with One Sweet® Peppers & Black BeansServes 4
3030 Mins 50 Mins 80 Mins
- 1½ cups yellow masarepa
- 1½ cups warm water
- ¾ tsp. salt, divided
- 2 Tbsp. neutral oil
- ¾ cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup diced One Sweet® Peppers (about 6-8)
- ¾ cup diced poblano pepper
- 1 serrano, diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- 2 Tbsp. hot sauce
- Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- Cotija cheese, for serving
- Avocado slices, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine masarepa, water and ½ tsp. salt. Stir until a smooth dough forms. Allow to sit for 10 minutes. If dough is dry after resting, add 1 tsp. of water.
- Heat a dry skillet over medium heat. Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and press into disks about 4-½” wide and ½” thick. Place in the skillet and cook until golden brown, flipping once halfway through.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the onion, garlic, ONE SWEET® Peppers, poblano peppers, and serrano and saute until onion is translucent and peppers have softened.
- Stir in the cumin, coriander, and hot sauce and season with salt to taste. Allow to cook for one minute before adding in the black beans. Cook until the black beans are heated through, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice. Set mixture aside.
- To assemble, make a pocket into the arepas by cutting into them crosswise and leaving the last inch intact. Fill the arepas with the bean-pepper mixture, avocado slices, and cotija cheese. Repeat the process with the remaining arepas and serve.
Bursting with WOW.
Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.
Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta Kits
Take me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.