Minzano® Braised Short Ribs
4Minzano® Braised Short RibsPortions 4
Temps de préparation
1515 Mins 180 Mins 195 Mins
- 2 lbs beef short ribs
- Kosher salt to season
- Freshly ground black peppercorns
- 4 cups beef stock, divided
- 1/2 bunch fresh thyme
- 1 white onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 head fresh garlic, cut in half horizontally
- 1 lb Minzano® tomatoes
- 1 tsp all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Preheat a cast iron roasting pan to high heat. Season short ribs with salt and pepper and sear on both sides in batches until the meat is well browned. When the last batch is done and the pan is empty, pour about a half cup of beef stock into the pan to deglaze the goodies from the bottom of the pan, scraping to make sure they are all released.
- Add half of the thyme, onions and garlic flat side down on the bottom of the pan. Add half of the tomatoes on top. Lay all the seared short ribs on top of the tomatoes, followed by the rest of the thyme and the rest of the tomatoes. Add the remainder of the beef stock and bake for 2 hours and 45 minutes.
- Very carefully offset the lid and pour the sauce from the braising liquid into a large pan over high heat. Whisk in flour, making sure there are no lumps and reduce to 1/2 of the original volume of liquid, approximately 15 minutes. Once the liquid is reduced, use it as sauce for your Minzano® Braised Short Ribs. Discard any thyme from the braise.
- Serve the ribs, cooked down tomatoes and soft onions with polenta or rice.
Bursting with WOW.
Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.
Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta Kits
Take me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.