Homemade Handkerchief Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce
4Homemade Handkerchief Pasta with Fresh Tomato SaucePortions 4
1.590 Mins 15 Mins 105 Mins
- 500g 00 flour
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups Minzano® tomatoes, halved
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 16 basil leaves, hand torn
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 tsp Kosher salt
- Place flour in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add egg yolks, salt and 1/4 cup of water. Using the dough attachment, mix until combined. Start on the slowest setting and gradually increase speed as ingredients combine. If your mixture is too dry, add more water one tablespoon at a time. Once a ball begins forming, remove, form into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Once rested, bring dough to room temperature, then cut into 5 equal-sized pieces. Using a rolling pin, flatten each portion. Run the dough through a pasta roller, beginning on the #1 setting. Remove and fold ends into the center. Flour dough and run through the same setting once more. Run the dough through each setting twice, folding the dough into the center after each pass through until you have reached the final #5 setting. Cut each piece into long ribbons, approximately 3″ x 6″.
- Cover fresh pasta with a very lightly damped tea towel until you are ready to cook.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Sauté garlic until lightly browned. Add tomatoes and sauté for a couple minutes or until tomatoes soften. Add pine nuts and salt. Turn on low to keep warm while you cook pasta.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Once boiling, cook pasta ribbons for 2 minutes, then strain and add pasta to sauce.
- Portion and plate then garnish with torn basil, freshly grated Parmesan and cracked black pepper.
Bursting with WOW.
Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.
Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta Kits
Take me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.