Za’atar Grilled Beefsteak & Eggplant Bake
6Za’atar Grilled Beefsteak & Eggplant BakePortions 6
Temps de préparation
1515 Mins 45 Mins 60 Mins
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 3 Tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
Grilled Beefsteak & Viola™ Bake
- 2 Viola™ eggplants
- 2 small zucchinis
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes
- Olive oil for grilling
- 1 1/2 tsp za’atar
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp tahini
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill
- kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black peppercorns to taste
- Combine all Za’atar ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and preheat grill pan to high.
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise. Toss pieces in 1 teaspoon olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Place each zucchini half cut side down on hot grill pan and grill until nicely marked, approximately 1-2 minutes. Zucchini will still be firm. Transfer zucchini to a cutting board and cut each piece into four equal portions.
- Cut each eggplant in half lengthwise. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil onto cut sides and season with salt and pepper. Place each eggplant half cut side down on hot grill pan and grill until nicely marked and very slightly softened, approximately 4-5 mins each side. Set aside.
- Nestle zucchini and eggplant pieces grilled-side up in a single layer into a large shallow ceramic or glass oven-safe baking dish.
- Cut each beefsteak tomato in half horizontally and place each half, cut side up, into the baking dish. (Try to keep the vegetables in a single layer for most even cooking.) Drizzle remaining olive oil over vegetables, evenly season with 1 1/2 teaspoons of za’atar blend and season well with salt and pepper.
- Cover dish tightly with foil and bake 30-35 minutes, until zucchini is just cooked through and tomatoes softened. Remove foil carefully.
- Season evenly with lemon juice and zest. Drizzle with tahini and garnish with pomegranate seeds and fresh dill. Serve warm.
- Purchasing toasted sesame seeds or lightly toasting your own seeds, brings out the natural oils for a deeper and richer taste and more authentic dish.
- Store leftover za’atar in an airtight container. Use the extra spice blend on chicken, vegetables, beef or rice for your next meal.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
The best-tasting berries in the world.
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
The cucumbers of your dreams.
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
Vine ripened, hand picked, mind blown.
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
No GMO. Yes amazing.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Organic and amazing, all year round.
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Chef-inspired, and ready in 15 minutes or less.
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.