Campari® Roasted Chicken
5Campari® Roasted ChickenPortions 5
Temps de préparation
2020 Mins 60 Mins 80 Mins
Total de minutes
- 1 lb Campari® tomatoes
- 1 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, softened 1 (4-5 lb) whole chicken
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 8 Campari® tomatoes to roast
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place 1 lb of tomatoes on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast for approximately 15 minutes or until softened and bursting. Remove from oven and allow the tomatoes to cool completely. Once cooled, crush tomatoes with your hands and place in a medium bowl. Strain and reserve liquid for basting.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
- Add onions and butter to the crushed tomatoes and combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste then stuff the paste under the skin of the chicken, add the remaining mixture to the cavity of the chicken rubbing all over the insides of the carcass. Season chicken skin with salt and pepper and place in large shallow roasting pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes then lower the temperature to 350°F and continue to cook for another hour. Baste with reserved tomato juice as required. With last 10 minutes of cooking time remaining, add whole tomatoes to the tray, surrounding the chicken. Once cooked, allow to rest 20 minutes before serving.
Bursting with WOW.
Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.
Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta Kits
Take me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.