Wild Wonders® Fundido
This meaty, cheesy dip is the perfect crowd-pleaser for a backyard bash, or just enjoying with a couple ice-cold beers.
- 1 C soft cream cheese
- ¾ C grated smoked cheddar cheese
- ¾ C grated smoked Provolone cheese
- ½ C 35% cream
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ lb ground pork
- ½ Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp thinly sliced red onion
- 2/3 c quartered Wild Wonders® tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- In a small pot over medium heat, whisk cream cheese and cream to a smooth consistency. Add cheddar and Provolone and whisk until melted. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375F. In large pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil and pork. Cook until pork is crispy and finely crumbled. Reduce heat to medium then add garlic, paprika, cumin and pepper. Stir to combine. Set aside and allow to cool.
- To assemble, add 2/3 of the pork mixture to the cream cheese mixture. Reserve the remaining pork for the garnish.
- In a 6-inch cast iron frying pan, bake cheese and pork mixture for 20 minutes.
- Soak onions in ice-cold water for ten minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Just before serving, garnish with reserved ground pork, Wild Wonders® tomatoes, onions and coriander. Serve warm with toasted Naan or crostini.