Whole Turkey with Minzano® Tomato Bread Stuffing
6Whole Turkey with Minzano® Tomato Bread StuffingServes 6
2020 Mins 240 Mins 260 Mins
- 14 lb fresh turkey, thawed and stored in refrigerator
- 6 cups water
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups white onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh garlic, sliced
- 1 lb Minzano® tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- Liver and heart from the turkey, chopped into a small dice, optional
- 1 cup trimmed and sliced green onions
- 1 cup fresh sage, chopped
- 1 white baguette, cut into 1/4’’ cubes
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black peppercorns to taste
- Position rack to bottom of oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place turkey into roasting pan with a rack and lid. Under the rack, into the roaster, add water. Set aside while you prepare the stuffing.
- Preheat a large shallow pot to medium high heat.
- Add oil, followed by butter, white onions and garlic. Adjust heat to medium. Sauté onions and garlic until soft and translucent, approximately one minute.
- Add tomatoes, pinch of salt and pepper, and liver and heart. Stir occasionally and cook for another 10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings. Be generous on the salt as later you will be adding a lot of bread. Once the tomatoes are softened and bursting, add green onions and sage. Turn off the heat and mix ingredients until evenly combined.
- Put the chopped baguette into a large bowl. Add the warm mixture and mix until well incorporated. Set aside until cool enough to handle, then stuff the turkey.
- With butcher twine, tie the ends of the legs to close the opening. Liberally season the skin of the turkey with salt and pepper and cover the roaster. Put into oven.
- For a turkey this size, roast for approximately 4 hours, baking uncovered for the last 30 minutes to brown the skin. Remove the turkey carefully from the oven and let rest, uncovered for 20 minutes before carving. Carve turkey and transfer to a serving platter.
- Remove the stuffing with a pot spoon and transfer to a serving bowl.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.