Vegan Lentil Mushroom Meatballs With Angel Sweet®
4Vegan Lentil Mushroom Meatballs With Angel Sweet®Serves 4
2020 Mins 25 Mins 45 Mins
For the lentil-mushroom meatballs:
- 2-½ cups cooked lentils (1 cup dried)
- 5 oz. cremini mushrooms
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 medium white onion, finely grated
- 4 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1 Tbsp. Tamari
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened plant-based milk, such as oat milk
- ½ cup vegetable broth
For the sauce:
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 zucchini, cut into ½” half moons
- 2 yellow squash, cut into ½” half moons
- 1 package Angel Sweet® tomatoes
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- To make the lentil-mushroom meatballs: In a food processor, combine the lentils, mushrooms, oats, onion, garlic, parsley, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, Tamari, and salt. Pulse until the mixture comes together.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mixture and cook until vegetables in the mixture begin to brown.
- Add vegetable broth to the skillet. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until liquid has been absorbed. Taste for seasoning and add more salt as needed.
- Allow the mixture to cool until it is comfortable to handle. Form into 1” round meatballs and place onto a baking sheet, leaving 1” of space around each one. Bake for 20 minutes at 400ºF, or until golden brown.
- To make the sauce: Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini, yellow squash, and Angel Sweet® tomatoes.
- To the skillet and cook until tomatoes just begin to burst and squash are softened and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. To the skillet, add 1 cup water and cook until the sauce is brothy but thickened slightly. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with basil leaves and serve with lentil-mushroom meatballs.
Bursting with WOW.
Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.
Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta Kits
Take me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.