Sweet Potato & Kumato® Gratin with Sage-Brown Butter Cream
6Sweet Potato & Kumato® Gratin with Sage-Brown Butter CreamServes 6
1010 Mins 60 Mins 70 Mins
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cubed, plus more as needed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup unsalted vegetable stock
- 10-12 fresh sage leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1-½ lb. sweet potatoes, sliced ⅛” thick
- 1 package Kumato tomatoes, sliced ½” thick
- Fried sage leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter and cook until it has browned and smells nutty, whisking often. Add the cream, stock, garlic cloves, sage leaves, Kosher salt, black pepper and nutmeg. Simmer for 30 minutes. Turn off the heat and whisk in the parmesan until melted.
- Layer the tomato and sweet potato slices into the baking dish, then pour over the brown butter cream. Bake until bubbly and sweet potatoes are tender, about 40-50 minutes. Garnish with fried sage leaves, if using.
Bursting with WOW.
Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.
Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta Kits
Take me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.