Sugar Bombs® Masala
4Sugar Bombs® MasalaServes 4
1515 Mins 45 Mins 60 Mins
- 2 cups whole Sugar Bombs® tomatoes, pureed in a blender
- 12 Sugar Bombs® tomatoes, quartered, for garnish
- 3 cups diced Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (13.5oz) can full fat coconut milk, shaken
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 (18oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 2 cups white onion, diced
- 1 red or green Thai chili, cracked in half
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp freshly ground black peppercorns
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat a large pot to medium-high heat. Add coconut oil, followed by garlic and cook until browned, approximately 1 minute. Add onions and Thai chili. Don’t be shy to increase the chili amount if you like it hot. Adjust to high heat and stir occasionally until onions are browned.
- Reduce heat to medium, add garam masala and ginger. Mix to coat the onions and sauté for approximately 30 seconds. Add pureed tomatoes, followed by vegetable broth and coconut milk. Simmer for approximately 5-10 minutes to thicken. Add cauliflower and chickpeas and cover the pot. Adjust heat to medium-low and let it cook.
- After 10 minutes, shake the pot and add potatoes and black pepper. After 2 minutes, stir, reduce heat to simmer and cover the pot again for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and let the sauce reduce and vegetables finish cooking fully, approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add lime juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix to incorporate the seasonings.
- Transfer to a service vessel and garnish with fresh cilantro and quartered tomatoes.
- Serve with basmati rice.
- Elevate your rice for an authentic taste with this simple tip. For 2 cups of rice add 1 teaspoon of whole cumin seeds in a pot and cook as usual.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
The best-tasting berries in the world.
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
The cucumbers of your dreams.
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
Vine ripened, hand picked, mind blown.
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
No GMO. Yes amazing.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Organic and amazing, all year round.
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Chef-inspired, and ready in 15 minutes or less.
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.