Stacked Beefy Tostada
5Stacked Beefy TostadaServes 5
2020 Mins 10 Mins 30 Mins
- 3 cups Wild Wonders® tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 3 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro stems, chopped
- 8 corn tostadas
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 3 Tbsp sour cream
- 4 Tbsp queso fresca
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp freshly ground black peppercorns
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp grapeseed or vegetable oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- Preheat a large high sided pan to high heat, Add beef without any oil and immediately start breaking it up so it lays flat in the pan. Allow it to brown on one side then add coriander, cumin, paprika, pepper, cayenne, white onion and garlic. Stir it all together and sauté for another 4 minutes or until all the meat is browned and the onions have softened. Once all the meat is browned and juicy, add the cilantro stems and season with salt to taste. Remove from heat, cover and keep warm.
- In a separate pan over high heat, add oil and red onions. Stir for approximately 20 seconds, then add tomatoes and sauté for another 30 seconds. Remove from heat and add chopped cilantro. Season with salt to taste. Keep warm.
- Place a single tostada on a plate and top with an even layer of the ground beef. Place 1/4 of a sliced avocado on top. Add a couple tablespoons of the warm salsa on top of the avocado followed by a drizzle of sour cream. Add another layer of tostada and repeat. Top with 1 tablespoon of sprinkled Queso Fresca and serve hot. Repeat for each serving.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
The best-tasting berries in the world.
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
The cucumbers of your dreams.
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
Vine ripened, hand picked, mind blown.
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
No GMO. Yes amazing.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Organic and amazing, all year round.
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Chef-inspired, and ready in 15 minutes or less.
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.