Sprinkles® Mini Mac & Cheese
12Sprinkles® Mini Mac & CheeseServes 12
1010 Mins 35 Mins 45 Mins
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup panko
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 cups grated white cheddar
- ½ cup Sprinkles® tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, panko, parmesan, paprika and salt. Set aside.
- Cook macaroni to al dente in a large pot, according to package instructions. Drain noodles and return drained pasta to large cooking pot.
- Meanwhile, make cheese sauce: in a medium pot over medium-high heat, melt butter, then add flour and cook for a minute or two while whisking. Very gradually, while still whisking (to prevent lumps), pour in milk and bring to a low simmer while stirring. Cook until mixture has thickened slightly, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add salt and grated cheese. Whisk to melt and combine evenly. Pour cheese sauce over drained pasta. Add tomatoes peas, and diced peppers. Gently stir.
- Evenly divide macaroni and cheese mixture into lightly greased regular muffin tins (opt to use silicone liners for easy removal)—you will have enough for 12 “muffins” plus a few extra spoonfuls to snack on. Place filled muffin tins onto a tray to catch any drips and save yourself from a smoky oven. Evenly sprinkle prepared panko topping over macaroni. Bake for 20 minutes, until mixture is bubbly and topping is golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing from tin. Congrats, you snuck several servings of vegetables into this classic kid favorite!
Bursting with WOW.
Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.
Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta Kits
Take me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.