Game Day Smoked Brisket Queso Breadbowl
6Game Day Smoked Brisket Queso BreadbowlServes 6
1010 Mins 20 Mins 30 Mins
- 1 oval loaf of fresh bread
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1-½ cups half and half
- 1-½ cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 1 cup pulled smoked brisket (or any leftover shredded BBQ meat)
- 1 cup black beans
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup scallions, sliced
- 1 pint Wild Wonders® Tomatoes, quartered
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Using a serrated utility knife, cut out a football-shape in the top of the bread loaf. Carefully remove some of the inside of the bread and reserve for dipping. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add butter and allow to melt. Add in the flour and whisk until smooth, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the half and half and bring to a simmer. Add in the shredded colby jack and allow the cheese to melt, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add in the pulled brisket, black beans, cayenne, cumin, Kosher salt, black pepper, and scallions. Stir until well combined and heated through. Carefully pour the pulled brisket queso dip into the football-shaped bread bowl. Top with the quartered Wild Wonders® Tomatoes.
- Serve with reserved bread and tortilla chips.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.