Slow Cooker Michelada Brisket
4Slow Cooker Michelada BrisketServes 4
- 2-3 lb. untrimmed flat-cut brisket (may cut in half to fit smaller slow cooker)
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1-½ tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. celery salt
- 2 pints Campari® tomatoes, divided
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 (12 oz.) can or bottle of lager
- 1 medium onion, cut into quarters
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Combine the Kosher salt, brown sugar, chili powder, ground cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper and celery salt and rub evenly all over the brisket. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- To make the braising liquid: In a food processor or blender, process 1 pint of the Campari® tomatoes, garlic, lime juice, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and olive oil until smooth. Add beer to the mixture without the motor running, and stir to combine.
- Transfer the brisket to a slow cooker. Halve the remaining pint of tomatoes and add to the slow cooker along with the onions. Pour over the braising liquid until it is just covering the meat and cook on low until tender, about 7-8 hours. Allow the brisket to rest and cool slightly before slicing. Serve with the slow-cooked tomatoes and onions and lime wedges.
Bursting with WOW.Take me to the berries
These better-than-chocolate treats are meant to be savored, but good luck with that.
Crunchy cukes.Take me to the cucumbers
Juicy, refreshing, and available in a few different sizes, these are definitely not your everyday cucumbers.
Tomatoes, please.Take me to the tomatoes
From kid-friendly snacking ones to the kind that will transform your salad, we’ve got an irresistible tomato for every kind of taste.
Peppers for all.Take me to the peppers.
Sweet, spicy, not-so-spicy and always colorful, our peppers like to keep things interesting. And with names like KABOOM!™ and SHAZAM!™, they’re pretty magical, too.
Certified delicious.Take me to the organic produce
Not just colorful, delicious and amazing, but certified organic, too.
YOU MAKE ME Pasta KitsTake me to the meal kits
Meal Kits to make life easier and tastier.