“Shakshuka” Eggs in Hell
4“Shakshuka” Eggs in HellServes 4
1515 Mins 15 Mins 30 Mins
Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 6 cups Campari® tomatoes, chopped
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp hot smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
Eggs in Hell
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1/2 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black peppercorns
- In a medium non-stick pan over medium heat, add tomatoes. Once the tomatoes start to simmer, stir in butter, hot smoked paprika, chili powder and salt. Set aside.
*The following is best done in individual portions, so should be repeated 4 times for 4 portions.
- In a small cast iron or non-stick pan, bring 1/4 (about 1 cup) of prepared spicy tomato sauce to a low simmer. Add 2 eggs, reduce heat to low and cover with a lid. Cook for approximately 5-7 minutes or until the eggs are fully cooked and the tomatoes are simmered down. Garnish with 1/4 of the cheese and cilantro. Finish with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot with grilled crusty bread.